Queensland-Chinese Academy of Sciences Collaborative Science Fund
The Queensland-Chinese Academy of Sciences Collaborative Science Fund provides grants of $125,000 over two years to Queensland research organisations.
- Applications open on 21 February 2020 and close on 16 June 2020 at 1pm AEST.
- Applications can be made online via the Smartygrants portal
- Grants of $125,000 over two years are available to Queensland research organisations.
- Chinese participants in approved projects will receive $125,000 from the Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS).
- Eligibility criteria apply.
The proposed project must create or enhance a research alliance between Queensland and China research organisations. The project application must meet eligibility criteria:
- focus on one of the three identified priority areas:
- agricultural biotechnology and food research (including food safety)
- human health and medical research
- environmental sciences.
- be led by a Queensland-based research organisation
- have a lead participant (partner) that is a Chinese Academy of Sciences affiliated institute.
The program guidelines provide more information about the eligibility criteria.
Guidelines and conditions
Apply now online
Q-CAS Case Study
A collaborative project between Queensland and Beijing to develop space-based crop yield prediction systems using satellite data and biophysical crop modelling systems.