Queensland-Smithsonian Fellowships Program
The Queensland Smithsonian Fellowships Program funds fellows from Queensland’s research, education and cultural sectors to visit and complete a project at the Smithsonian Institution.
- Applications open on 9 December 2019 and close on 9 March 2020 at 1:00pm AEST
- Applications can be made via the online Smartygrants portal
- Funding of up to $25,000 (excluding GST) is available for between 8–16 weeks.
The proposed Fellow must be nominated by a Queensland agency, and work for that agency in a part-time or full-time capacity. The proposed project must be aligned to at least one of the target investment areas outlined in the program guidelines. The proposed Fellow must:
- be an Australian citizen or have Australian residency
- reside and work in Queensland
- provide evidence that a chosen Smithsonian Institution facility will accommodate their visit and provide basic administrative support.
Guidelines and conditions
More information about the Fellowship guidelines and conditions is available in the following documents:
Apply with Smartygrants
Apply to the Queensland-Smithsonian Fellowships Program through the online Smartygrants portal