About R&D Linkage Opportunities 2023 program
Applications are now open
The R&D Linkages Opportunities program supports leading-edge research and collaborative projects that address the Department of Environment and Science’s (DES) priority research themes.
The program aims to advance Queensland’s environmental and scientific knowledge and capability through its focus on high-quality research and long-term strategic alliances.
Funding is only available to those with Queensland-based research proposals that have been confirmed as successful under the Australian Government’s Australian Research Council (ARC) Linkage Projects.
In addition to funding the program, DES is seeking to partner with Queensland-based university/institute researchers on Australian Research Council (ARC) Linkage Projects in a range of priority areas.
The ARC Linkage program promotes collaboration between universities, industry and government.
Specifically, DES is interested in partnering on ARC Linkage Projects that support the development of partnerships between the department and higher education organisations, industry and other research end-users, in order to advance knowledge and deliver science and technology benefits to Queensland.
The R&D Linkage Opportunities is intended to be a pilot partnering scheme, rather than a program purely supporting university generated proposals. To achieve this, DES will provide long-term engagement and support to successful applicants and partners. This may include the allocation of full-time equivalent resources and/or other in-kind support where suited to the proposal.
- Applications close 1pm AEST, Tuesday 29 August 2023.
- Funding is available for approved eligible applicants of up to a maximum of $375,000 per approved project over two years.
- Applications are open only to Queensland-based universities considered eligible for ARC Linkage Project proposals, as outlined in ARC’s Linkage Projects Grant Guidelines (2023 edition).
- Applications must comply with ARC’s Linkage Projects Grant Guidelines (2023 edition), including partner funding contributions. Applications that do not comply with these guidelines will be deemed ineligible.
- The applicant must be the same as the lead applicant for the ARC Linkage Project application.
- The applicant organisation must be registered for GST and have an Australian Business Number.
- Funding is not available to individuals.
- Funding is only available for project activity undertaken in Queensland.
Further information about the R&D Linkage Opportunities program, including eligibility criteria, is available in the program guidelines.
How to apply
All applications must be submitted via the online SmartyGrants portal
Read the following resources before submitting your application.
Phone: (07) 3330 6360