About the Science into Industry Co-Investment Program
Important note to applicants: The Australian Research Council Industrial Transformation Research Program (ITRP) closes on 29 November 2023, with applications for ITRP co-investment to the Science into Industry Co-investment Program due by 20 September 2023 (as applications are to be submitted to the department for assessment at least 10 weeks prior to the submission date for the nominated Australian Government industry-research funding program). In consideration of these timeframes and the Co-investment Program's recent launch, applicants for ITRP related proposals targeting the 29 November 2023 ITRP close only will not be required to complete a Minimum Data form, which is usually required 2 weeks prior. For any related queries, please contact the program team via: email@example.com.
Applications are now open
Science and innovation are critical to Queensland’s future prosperity and delivering better outcomes for our environment, our economy and our people.
The Science into Industry Co-Investment Program aims to:
- support research–industry partnerships in areas of strategic importance to Queensland
- accelerate translation of Queensland’s world-class research and development
- capture greater value from research translation in Queensland (including new jobs, startups, business growth, new products and technologies )
- increase the success rate for Queensland universities and research institutes in securing funding from Australian Government industry–research programs.
The Science into Industry Co-Investment Program provides funding support for applications to Australian Government funding programs with a strong, Queensland-based lead and a significant industry engagement component that will benefit Queensland.
Applications to eligible Australian Government industry-research funding programs, listed in the program guidelines will be considered for co-investment.
The department is available for pre-lodgement meetings. These are to be arranged through university and research institute research offices, who can email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a suitable time.
- Applications are to be submitted to the department for assessment at least 10 weeks prior to the submission date for the nominated Australian Government industry–research funding program. However, applicants are encouraged to submit earlier to assist the department to manage program demand.
- A Minimum Data form should be submitted at least 12 weeks prior to the submission date of the relevant Australian Government industry–research funding program.
- Funding of up to $750,000 is available for approved, eligible applicants over three years.
- Funding offers will be conditional upon the applicant subsequently being awarded funding under the nominated Australian Government program.
- All applications and Minimum Data are to be submitted via the department’s online SmartyGrants Portal.
Further information about the Science into Industry Co-Investment Program, including eligibility criteria, is available in the program guidelines .
How to apply
All applications must be submitted via the department’s online SmartyGrants Portal.
Read the following resources before submitting your application.
Phone: (07) 3330 6360