Pharmacy Australia Centre of Excellence (PACE)
The University of Queensland
The Pharmacy Australia Centre of Excellence (PACE), jointly developed by The University of Queensland and the whole Australian pharmacy profession, is the leading facility for pharmaceutical research, education and commercialisation in Australia. PACE's key research area are: pharmacometrics; pharmacy education; quality use of medicines; and therapeutic targeting. PACE has particular focus on pharmacy and pharmaceutical science on a site adjoining the Princess Alexandra Hospital, a major research hospital, and the Translational Research Institute.
- Organisation type
- University Research Centre
- Industry Association partner
- Number of research staff
- 20-100 research staff
- 20 Cornwall Street, Woolloongabba QLD 4102
Strengths and capabilities
- Pharmacometrics: quantitation of drug effects and optimisation of study design and dosing regimens.
- Pharmacy Education: development, delivery and scholarship of teaching and learning as applicable to pharmacy practice and interprofessional education.
- Quality Use of Medicines: ensuring medicines are used in the best way possible to achieve good health outcomes.
- Therapeutic Targeting: the discovery and optimisation of new medications and research into disease processes.
Key science sectors
More information about the sectors this centre is involved in:
Is this your centre? See any issues? Send a request to update your listing.