Sunshine Coast Health Institute (SCHI)
Sunshine Coast Hospital and Health Service | University of the Sunshine Coast | TAFE Queensland | Griffih University
The SCHI is an integrated, collaborative and comprehensive education, skills training and research facility for health professionals. The institute is a collaborative partnership between the Sunshine Coast Hospital and Health Service, the University of the Sunshine Coast, TAFE Queensland and Griffith. Their research addresses: Infectious Diseases and Antimicrobial Resistance; Healthy Ageing; Maternal and Child Health; and Optimising Health Service Delivery and Management.
- Organisation type
- Research Hospital
- University Research Centre
- Queensland Government – Partner
- Number of research staff
- 20-100 research staff
- 6 Doherty St, Birtinya QLD 4285
Strengths and capabilities
- Infectious Diseases and Antimicrobial Resistance
- Healthy Ageing
- Maternal and Child Health
- Optimising Health Service Delivery and Management.
Facilities and major equipment
- High fidelity clinical simulation suites of the hospital clinical environment
- E-learning laboratories
- Clinical research laboratory with PC2 containment
- Human body visualisation laboratories featuring a virtual dissection table
Key science sectors
More information about the sectors this centre is involved in:
Is this your centre? See any issues? Send a request to update your listing.