Advanced Design and Prototyping Technologies Institute (ADAPT)
ADaPT is an Industry 4.0. Institute that brings together multi-disciplinary expertise with leading industry partners to push the boundaries in advanced custom design, rapid prototyping and new materials. With advanced design at its centre and collaboration at its core, ADaPT combines leading-edge expertise in micro and nanoscience, complex imaging, 3D digital scanning, 3D functional modelling, bioengineering, industrial design, big data analytics, artificial intelligence and specialist expertise in designing advanced manufacturing processes. Institute is operating across its collaborating organistion - a dedicated building will open in 2021/22.
Key science sectors
Strengths and capabilities
- 3D functional biomechanical models (Digital Twins)
- Functional nano-materials
- Spinal Repair and Neurological Rehabilitation
- Virtual Surgery & personalised surgery guides
- Regenerative medicine for orthopaedics
- 3D bio-printing
Facilities and major equipment
- EOS Formiga P110 – 3D print in plastics - Nylon 12
- Renishaw AM400 – Industrial 3D printing - Titanium, Stainless Steel, Aluminium and Cobalt Chrome
- 6 degree of freedom machine
- computer aided design (CAD) suites
- advanced post-fabrication processing
Number of research staff
20-100 research staff
ADaPT 1.0, Gold Coast campus, Griffith University, Parklands Drive, QLD, 4222 (see NOTE above)
- University Research Centre
Is this your centre? See any issues? Send a request to update your listing.
Register your centre
Register your centre to be listed in this directory.