Centre for Intelligent Systems (CIS)
School of Engineering and Technology, Central Queensland University
The Centre for Intelligent Systems conducts outcome driven as well as theoretical research in the areas of complex intelligent systems. A particular focus is applied technologies relating to ICT and Engineering applications. The Centre’s major research concentration is around the strong research clusters from Information and Computing Sciences and Engineering. The core research areas within CIS are: (1) Computational Intelligence (2) Simulation, Automation and Robotics (3) Smart Networked Devices (4) Clean Energy Technologies.
- Organisation type
- University Research Centre
- Number of research staff
Up to 20 research staff
Level 6, 160 Ann Street, Brisbane QLD 4000
Strengths and capabilities
- Artificial Intelligence Systems
- Deep Learning Systems
- Computer Vision Systems
- Smart Grids
- Clean Energy Technologies
- Professor Brijesh Verma—Member of the Australian Research Council (ARC) College of Experts, Editor in Chief of the International Journal of Computational Intelligence and Applications and Associate Editor of IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks and Learning Systems.
- Professor Peter Wolfs—200+ technical publications in power electronics design for railway traction, rural power supply, intelligent protection and earthing.
Key science sectors
More information about the sectors this centre is involved in:
Is this your centre? See any issues? Send a request to update your listing.
Register your centre
Register your centre to be listed in this directory.