Applethorpe Research Facility
Agri-Science Queensland, Department of Agriculture and Fisheries, Queensland Government
Applethorpe Research Facility is 32ha site located on the granite belt of Southern Queensland. It enables research, development and extension of temperate horticultural and field crops across a broad range of species and commodities, and maintains the genetic material for table grapes and the national breeding programs for apples and stone fruit industries.
- Organisation type
- Queensland Government – Partner
- Number of research staff
Up to 20 research staff
New England Highway, Applethorpe QLD 4378
Strengths and capabilities
- Evaluation of apple germplasm
- Evaluation of apple high productivity production systems
- Climate change impacts on some fruits
- Pest and disease diagnostic services
Facilities and major equipment
- 32ha site on acidic sandy podzol of granite origin
- Onsite administration buiding with conference room
- Research laboratories, glasshouses and cold rooms
- Sheds including mechanical workshop, prepartion rooms and chemical stores
- Plant and equipment to support research activity
Key science sectors
More information about the sectors this centre is involved in:
Is this your centre? See any issues? Send a request to update your listing.
Register your centre
Register your centre to be listed in this directory.