Australian e-Health Research Centre (AEHRC)
CSIRO Health and Biosecurity, Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO), Queensland Government
The Australian e-Health Research Centre is CSIRO's digital health research program and a joint venture between CSIRO and the Queensland Government. The AEHRC works with state and federal health agencies, clinical research groups and health businesses around Australia. We work to enable the digital transformation of healthcare to improve services and clinical treatment for Australians. We have world leading capability in areas such as clinical terminology and data interoperability; health data analytics; clinical image analysis; genomics data analytics and engineering; biostatistics, mobile health, tele-health and health internet of things, amongst many others. We work with many collaborators across the healthcare system to improve health service delivery, diagnosis and treatment across Australia and internationally.
Key science sectors
Strengths and capabilities
- Digital Health
- Health Data Interoperability
- Health Data Analytics
- Mobile Health
- Health Services
- Health Internet of Things
- Cloud Computing
- Medical Image Analysis
- Geneome engineering
Number of research staff
100-200 research staff
STARS, Level 7, 296 Herston Road, Herston, 4029
- Group Leader, Health Interoperability Michael Lawley—Michael's work on the FHIR terminology standard puts CSIRO at the forefront of health interoperability, products licensed internationally.
- Group Leader, Health Services Marlien Varnfield—Marlien focuses on the development, evaluation and translation of tele- and m-health services, with an international reputation.
- Group Leader, Biomedical Informatics Jurgen Fripp—Jurgen has developed AI based algorithms to extract informaiton from medical images to support clinical trials and clinical treatment.
Achievements of the centre
- Licensing to our world leading terminology server, Ontoserver, to the UK NHS to support national clinical terminology services
- Publlication of a report on the use of Artificial Intelligence in Healthcare
- World first trial of mobile health for cardiac rehabilitation
- Queensland Government - Partner
- Commonwealth statutory authority
Is this your centre? See any issues? Send a request to update your listing.
Register your centre
Register your centre to be listed in this directory.