Please complete this 2-minute survey to help us improve our products and services:
Australian e-Health Research Centre (AEHRC)
Health and Biosecurity CSIRO, Queensland Government
The Centre is a joint venture between CSIRO and the Queensland Government, through Queensland Health. From its Brisbane headquarters, the AEHRC combines CSIRO's capabilities in information and communication technology and health with Queensland's extensive health research and clinical expertise. There are now research activities in Western Australia, New South Wales, Victoria and South Australia. Through its research programme, the AEHRC develops and deploys leading edge information and communication technology innovations in healthcare to: improve service delivery in the Queensland and Australian health systems; generate commercialisation revenue; and increase the pool of world-class e-health expertise in Australia.
Key science sectors
Strengths and capabilities
- Health Informatics
- Biomedical Imaging
- Health Services Research
- Mobile Health
- Clinical Terminology
- Health Data Analytics
Number of research staff
20-100 research staff
Level 5, UQ Health Sciences Building, RBWH, Herston, 4029
- Group Leader, Health Informatics Michael Lawley—Michael’s work on SNOMED CT has been licensed nationally and internationally by standards bodies, government organisations and SMEs.
- Group Leader, Biomedical Informatics Olivier Salvado—Dr Salvado’s work on Alzheimer’s’ diseases is published in highly-regarded journals including Lancet Neurology and Brain.
- Group Leader, Health Services Mohan Karunanithi—Mohan has recently published the first RCT of a mobile phone based health intervention.
Achievements of the centre
- The imaging and biostatistics partner in many national and international Alzeimer's Disease research studies
- AEHRC’s clinical terminology tools are enabling the use of standard terminology in health records worldwide
- AEHRC has run world first national mobile health and tele-health research trials.
- Queensland Government – Partner
- Part of national organisation – Government
- Commonwealth statutory authority
Is this your centre? See any issues? Send a request to update your listing.
Register your centre
Register your centre to be listed in this directory.