The Queensland Government is now in caretaker mode until after the state election. Minimal updates will be made to this site until after the election results are declared.
Australian Tropical Science and Innovation Precinct (ATSIP)
James Cook University
The ATSIP is a dedicated precinct, co-locating complementary organisations that include CSIRO and the Australian Institute for Marine Science and researchers from James Cook University, with the aim of being the tropical research and development headquarters for Queensland and Australia. focuses on research that underpins the sustainable management of tropical landscapes, including wet and dry tropics
Key science sectors
Strengths and capabilities
- James Cook University[ https://www.des.qld.gov.au/science/capability-directory/?title=James+Cook+University ]
- CSIRO [ https://www.des.qld.gov.au/science/capability-directory/?title=Commonwealth+Scientific+and+Industrial+Research+Organisation ]
- Australian Institute for Marine Science [ https://www.des.qld.gov.au/science/capability-directory/?title=Australian+Institute+of+Marine+Science ]
- Sustainable water management
- Savannah production systems and rangelands
- Intensive production systems in tropical landscapes
- Marine and coastal processes and production systems
- Integrated approaches to managing change in tropical regional communities
Facilities and major equipment
- General and PC2 laboratories with cold room and freezer spaces
- 1,500 m? of support facilities including bulk storage, sample preparation, workshop, glasshouses and shadehouses
Number of research staff
100-200 research staff
Building 145, James Cook University, James Cook Drive, Townsville, 4811
- Queensland Government-funded collaborative research precinct
Is this your centre? See any issues? Send a request to update your listing.
Register your centre
Register your centre to be listed in this directory.