The Queensland Government is now in caretaker mode until after the state election. Minimal updates will be made to this site until after the election results are declared.
Banyo Pilot Plant
Institute for Future Environments, Queensland University of Technology
The 2,700m2 Banyo Pilot Plant provides specialist research testing capabilities for mechanical and civil engineering, electrical engineering, water treatment, geology and ecology, and materials characterisation. It is a general-purpose facility for large-scale or scaled-up research in traditional engineering (e.g. structural, mechanical or electrical), scientific applications, and testing and validation. The plant offers consultancy and commercial testing services to researchers and commercial organisations on a fee-for-service basis.
Key science sectors
Strengths and capabilities
- Mechanical and manufacturing engineering
- Power & energy engineering, high
- -voltage testing & solar applications
- Water and wastewater engineering, including stormwater
- Environmental and ecological materials processing
- Biofuels and biocommodity production
- Tropical and subtropical aquaculture
- Rock preparation & crushing, thin section preparation & core handling
- Plasma reactor development and Parr reactor operation
- Sugar research including biomass processing & instrument development
Facilities and major equipment
- Heavy mechanical and structural testing equipment
- Electrical testing power engineering lab
- Geological sample preparation and analysis
- Aquaculture aquarium for freshwater organisms
- Mechanical workshop for construction, fitting and assembly
- Electrical workshop for small projects
Number of research staff
Upto 20 research staff
Lot 7, Northlink Industrial Park, 457 Tufnell Rd, Banyo QLD 4014
- University Research Centre
Is this your centre? See any issues? Send a request to update your listing.
Register your centre
Register your centre to be listed in this directory.