Please complete this 2-minute survey to help us improve our products and services:
Centre for Comprehensive Biomedical Imaging (ACRF-CCBI)
QIMR Berghofer Medical Research Institute
The Centre incorporates the Flow Cytometry and Imaging Facility at QIMR Berghofer. The centre is fully integrated for viewing, quantitating, and harvesting cells for further experimentation. The ACRF-CCBI is equipped with a variety of microscopy platforms including a Leica TCS SP2 confocal scanning microscope. The range of equipment enables researchers to see biological processes at each step, from basic discovery through to clinical application. The facility was made possible through generous donations from the Australian Cancer Research Foundation.
Key science sectors
Strengths and capabilities
- Biomedical imaging
- Fluorescence microscopy
- Confocal microscopy
- Slide Scanning
- Time resolved imaging (time lapse microscopy)
- In vivo imaging
- Multiphoton microscopy
- Image cytometry
- Image analysis
Facilities and major equipment
- Physical Containment Class 2 (PC2) laboratory
- Confocal Microscope - Zeiss 780 NLO with Multiphoton Laser
- Multiophoton Microscope - Olympus FVMPE with two Ti:Sapphire Lasers
- Spinning Disk Confocal Microscope - ANDOR WD Revolution
- Automated Quantitative Pathology System - Perkin Elmer Vectra
- Brightfield Slide Scanner - Aperio AT Turbo 400 slide capacity
- Fluorescent Slide Scanner - Aperio FL with 5 slide capacity
- Semi High Content Imaging system - GE InCell 2000
- Laser Capture Microscopy - Zeiss PALM
- Image Analysis Suite - Includes Imaris, MetaMorph, Volocity etc
Number of research staff
Upto 20 research staff
Level 8, QIMR Berghofer Medical Research Institute, 300 Herston Road, Brisbane, 4006
- Doctor Nigel Waterhouse—Contributes to advances in cancer therapy and cancer imaging. Over 60 peer reviewed articles in high ranking journals.
- Doctor Tam Hong Nguyen—Contributes to advances in brain and in vivo imaging. Over 10 research articles in high ranking journals.
- Doctor Grace Chojnowski—Contributes to advances in cytometry. Sits on national and international committees for the advancement of cytometry
- Queensland statutory authority
Is this your centre? See any issues? Send a request to update your listing.
Register your centre
Register your centre to be listed in this directory.