Centre for Data Science (CDS)
Queensland University of Technology
The QUT Centre for Data Science draws together capability in data science from across Australia, providing a centralised hub for world-class data science research. We collaborate to develop novel data science methods for domain-specific research, to solve real-world challenges. Our new methods for visualisation, communication and interpretation of data and analyses allow for improved decision-making, and the critical evaluation of issues related to the role and use of data science in society. We use new models to describe and make decisions about complex systems. We develop scalable, efficient computational algorithms for analysing dimensional and highly structured data. We are advancing the medical, physical, technological and social sciences through the development and application of new data science methods to achieve rigorous scientific discovery and generate evidence-based insights.
- Organisation type
- Cooperative Research Centre – Partner Organisation
- Australian Research Centre of Excellence – Partner Organisation
- University Research Centre
- Number of research staff
20-100 research staff
Y Block, Gardens Point Campus, 2 George Street, Brisbane QLD 4000
Strengths and capabilities
- Hosting Australia’s data science network
- Multidisciplinary research
- Data ethics and governance
- Models, methods and algorithms
- Application of data science
- Domain focussed data science research
Key science sectors
More information about the sectors this centre is involved in:
Is this your centre? See any issues? Send a request to update your listing.
Register your centre
Register your centre to be listed in this directory.