The Queensland Government is now in caretaker mode until after the state election. Minimal updates will be made to this site until after the election results are declared.
Centre for Kidney Disease Research (CHSR)
Centre for Health Services Research, The University of Queensland
The Centre is one of Australia's leading kidney disease research centres with an international reputation for excellence in research. The researchers of the CKDR are working at the forefront of global trends in research to trial new clinical treatments and to understand the cellular and molecular basis of kidney disease. Renowned for its studies in acute and chronic kidney disease and kidney cancers, the CKDR has particular expertise in translating results from laboratory and clinical sciences for application to improve public health outcomes.
Key science sectors
Strengths and capabilities
- Co-ordinating centre for the Australasian Kidney Trials Network
- Multi-centre randomised controlled trials
- Prevention and treatment of peritoneal dialysis-associated peritonitis
- Prevention and treatment of haemodialysis catheter-associated bacteraemia
- Nocturnal home haemodialysis
- Anaemia management and iron supplementation
- Cardiac risk factor intervention
- Cochrane reviews (peritoneal dialysis, anaemia treatment, erectile dysfunction)
- Vitamin D research
- Metabolic syndrome and kidney disease
Facilities and major equipment
- State-of-the-art equipment for assessing the molecular and biological basis of kidney disease
- Nikon Eclipse FN1 electrophysiological intravital video microscope
Number of research staff
20-100 research staff
Translational Research Institute, Level 5, 32 Kent Street, Woolloongabba QLD 4102
- University Research Centre
- Australian Research Centre of Excellence – Headquarters
Is this your centre? See any issues? Send a request to update your listing.
Register your centre
Register your centre to be listed in this directory.