Centre for Water in the Minerals Industry (CWiMI)
The Sustainable Minerals Institute, The University of Queensland
The Centre conducts research towards achieving sustainable water management in the mining industry. We aim to develop key technologies for the measurement, monitoring and modelling of water in the context of mine operations, their surrounding environments and regional communities.
Key science sectors
Strengths and capabilities
- Hydrological impacts of land use and climate change
- Water accounting and reporting
- Water quality impacts of mining
- Mine water balances
- Water risk profiling over mine life cycle
- Optimising water flow and quality monitoring designs
- Optimising mine water management
Number of research staff
Up to 20 research staff
Sustainable Minerals Institute, Sir James Foots Building 47A, St Lucia QLD 4072
- Professor Neil McIntyre—A leader in water resources research - ARC Future Fellowship in Water Sensitive Mining
Achievements of the centre
- Development of Hierarchical Systems Modelling (HSM) flowsheet-style software tool
- University Research Centre
Is this your centre? See any issues? Send a request to update your listing.
Register your centre
Register your centre to be listed in this directory.