Please complete this 2-minute survey to help us improve our products and services:
Cities Research Institute (CRI)
The Cities Research Institute is the pre-eminent Australian centre for trans-disciplinary research on the integration of infrastructure, place making and community and economic development in cities. Building on existing strengths and forging new partnerships with industry, government and community organisations, the Institute is working to meet the challenges contemporary cities face. The range of the CRI’s expertise and experience is captured in its three core themes of intelligent infrastructure, quality places and transforming communities, which will guide its research in the future.
Key science sectors
Strengths and capabilities
- Urban planning and management
- Expertise in urban infrastructure
- Design, construction and development of the built enviroment
- Civil engineering
- Building construction management and project planning
- Renewable power and energy systems
- Environmental management
- Expertise in behavioural change at individual and community levels
Number of research staff
20-100 research staff
Sir Samuel Griffith Centre (N78) 3.11, Griffith University, 170 Kessels Road, Nathan, 4111
- Professor Paul Burton—Expertise in urban policy, urbanisation, planning and climate change adaptation
- Professor Rodney Stewart—Expertise in engineering, construction and environmental engineering and management research
Achievements of the centre
- Selected by the World Society for Transport and Land Use Research to host the 2017 World Symposium on Transport and Land Use
- University Research Centre
Is this your centre? See any issues? Send a request to update your listing.
Register your centre
Register your centre to be listed in this directory.