Cooperative Research Centre for Optimising Resource Extraction (CRC ORE)
The Centre is transforming the mining sector by identifying and implementing innovative world-class technology for the global minerals industry. Formed by forward-thinking collaborators focused on finding solutions to reverse the global trend of declining productivity, it is the first large scale research and development initiative to bring together ore body knowledge, mass mining, blasting engineering, mineral processing, spatial modelling and resource economics. CRC ORE's research projects investigate all elements of the mining process, seeking opportunities to optimise the system through better understanding of the way in which processes work - and how they work together. These include ore body characterisation, geometallurgy, blasting, comminution and financial evaluation. CRC ORE is a not for profit organisation which brings together some of the best researchers in the world with leading players in the mining industry to create technologies for a brighter future.
Key science sectors
Strengths and capabilities
- Mine plan optimisation
- Whole of mine optimisation simulator
- Grade Engineering
- Instrumentation improvements
- Sensing and separation solutions
- Energy efficient enhanced course liberation
- Optimisation of differential blasting
- Mine performance management
- Ground truthing new technology in the real world (on mine sites)
- Matchmaking new technology to users best able to use it
Facilities and major equipment
- Geology and engineering unit
- On-site testing at mine sites globally
Number of research staff
Upto 20 research staff
Queensland Centre for Advanced Technologies, 1 Technology Court, PULLENVALE QLD 4069
- Cooperative Research Centre
Is this your centre? See any issues? Send a request to update your listing.
Register your centre
Register your centre to be listed in this directory.