Data Science Research Group
School of Information Technology & Electrical Engineering, The University of Queensland
The Data Science research group conducts world-leading research and develops innovative and practical solutions for business, scientific and social applications in the realm of big data. Research Themes include: data quality management, information resilience, machine learning, computer vision, trajectory computing, AI models and applications, data analytics, data mining and predictive analytics, big data intelligence, micro artificial intelligence, health intelligence information retrieval and web search.
Key science sectors
Strengths and capabilities
- Data curation processes
- Designing novel deep learning approaches & big data platforms
- Security and surveillance
- Developing algorithms to build computational models
- Leveraging data to train effective and powerful supervised models
- Manipulating and analysing large-scale complex data
- Develop data mining and machine learning techniques
- AI Applications based on Multiple Data Sources and Data Fusion
- Applying AI techniques on sensor networks
- Creating next-generation technology for large repositories
Number of research staff
20-100 research staff
General Purpose South Building #78, Staff House Road, The University of Queensland, St Lucia QLD 4072
- Prof Shazia Sadiq—September 2017: Prof Shazia Sadiq's 2007 paper awarded the BPM Test of Time award at the Int Conf on Business Process Management
- Prof Xiaofang Zhou—January 2018: Prof Xiaofang Zhou awarded IEEE Fellow for advancements in database query processing.
- Prof Shazia Sadiq—July 2020: Prof. Shazia Sadiq and team successful ITTC application: ARC Training Centre for Information Resilience
Achievements of the centre
- Data Science group won bids to host major international conferences: CIKM-21 and ACM Multimedia Asia 2021.
Is this your centre? See any issues? Send a request to update your listing.
Register your centre
Register your centre to be listed in this directory.