The Queensland Government is now in caretaker mode until after the state election. Minimal updates will be made to this site until after the election results are declared.
Energy Business Unit (EBU)
Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
The Energy Business Unit are pioneering low-emission technologies that create value for industry and households, and provide the knowledge to guide Australia towards a smart, secure and sustainable energy future. Their research invludes: next-generation solar photovoltaic; concentrated solar thermal technologies; hydrogen technologies for storing and transporting energy; carbon capture, utilisation and storage (CCUS) to reduce emissions; and technologies to create value from carbon waste streams through the synthesis of materials into new chemicals, fuels and materials.
Key science sectors
Strengths and capabilities
- Renewable and low emissions technologies
- Next-generation solar photovoltaics
- Concentrated solar thermal technologies
- Hydrogen technologies for storing and transporting energy
- Next generation energy storage and grid technologies
- Energy modelling and forecasting
Facilities and major equipment
- Robotics Innovation Centre
- Remote Management Centre
- Tunnel Testing Area
- Flight Test Area
- Technology Transfer Centre
- Light Industrial Compound
- Environmental Monitoring
- 3D Fabrication
Number of research staff
20-100 research staff
1 Technology Court, Pullenvale, 4069
- Part of national organisation – Government
Is this your centre? See any issues? Send a request to update your listing.
Register your centre
Register your centre to be listed in this directory.