Griffith Climate Action Beacon (CAB)
Griffith Climate Action Beacon focuses on interdisciplinary research and cross-sectoral practice collaborations as catalysts for climate action. Our research is centred around three inherently overlapping and complementary themes: motivating climate action; transitioning to a zero-carbon and climate resilient future; and ensuring climate justice. Motivating Climate Action research is building the case for and enabling the practice of climate action among individuals, and collectively in communities, organisations and government. The Climate Transitions research program supports progress towards climate resilient development and zero-carbon emissions. Ensuring that climate actions are fair, equitable and just; contributing toward the broader sustainable development goals is the focus of the Climate Justice research program. Our collaboration platforms are the Climate Action Research platform and the Climate Ready Initiative.
- Organisation type
- University Research Centre
- Number of research staff
20-100 research staff
Gold Coast campus (Building G39, Room 2.25), Parklands Drive, Griffith University QLD 4222
Strengths and capabilities
- Resources and data for climate action
- Social and community engagement for climate action
- Innovation and creativity for climate action
- Sustainable and resilient water, energy and waste systems
- Climate resilient landscapes and seascapes projects
- Extreme heat household warning systems
- Facilitating health system transitions to low carbon
- Innovative financing solutions for adapting to climate change
- Helping communities for climate justice and human rights action
- Informing just climate diplomacy in Australia and the Pacific
- Prof Brendan Mackey—Authored over 250 publications in environmental science and policy. Coordinating Lead Author on Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change.
Key science sectors
More information about the sectors this centre is involved in:
- Defence, aviation and space
- Digital economy
- Environment and nature
- Food and agriculture
- Health and medical
- Social sciences
Is this your centre? See any issues? Send a request to update your listing.
Register your centre
Register your centre to be listed in this directory.