Griffith Institute for Tourism (GIFT)
The mission of Griffith Institute for Tourism (GIFT) is to undertake and disseminate world-leading research in tourism, to effect academic and external impact. The Institute develops and fosters international collaborations and provides support to members to achieve research excellence and sustainability. Through its strategic partnerships, the Institute’s structure and research programs are designed to ensure high industry and policy relevance. Key areas of impact of research undertaken at GIFT include: - Business, destination and organisational viability (economy) - Health, quality experience, and wellbeing (individuals) - Environmental resilience and nature conservation (environment).
Key science sectors
Strengths and capabilities
- Tourism forecasting, data management and modelling
- Risk assessment
- Product development
- Innovative tourism research
- Economic impact assessments
- Tourism policy analysis
- Market research
- Carbon footprinting
- Advertising and eye-tracking research
- Expertise in Chinese tourism
Number of research staff
20-100 research staff
Gold Coast campus, Business 2 Building (G27) Room 3.06, 58 Parklands Drive, Southport, 4222
- Professor Susan Becken—Expertise in tourism and climate change, and global challenges for tourism
- University Research Centre
Is this your centre? See any issues? Send a request to update your listing.
Register your centre
Register your centre to be listed in this directory.