The Queensland Government is now in caretaker mode until after the state election. Minimal updates will be made to this site until after the election results are declared.
Hermitage Research Facility (HRF)
Agri-Science Queensland, Department of Agriculture and Fisheries
The 230 ha facility located near the town ship of Warwick on the southern Darling Downs provides for research, development and extension to be undertaken in many aspects of field crop plant breeding across a range of crops such as sorghum, chickpea, mungbean, maize, sweet corn and barley.
Key science sectors
Strengths and capabilities
- Development and evaluation of field crop germplasm
- Crop genomics research
- Crop physiology
- drought tolerance
- Plant pathology
- disease screening
- Stored grain research
Facilities and major equipment
- 230 Ha of elphistone depositional soils
- Onsite administration building with conference room
- Research laboratories, glasshouses and cold rooms
- Sheds including mechanical workshop, preparation rooms and chemical stores
- Specialised plant and equipment to support research activity
Number of research staff
20-100 research staff
604 Yangan Rd,, Warwick QLD 4370
- Queensland Government – Partner
Is this your centre? See any issues? Send a request to update your listing.
Register your centre
Register your centre to be listed in this directory.