Herston Biofabrication Institute (HBI)
Metro North Hospital and Health Service, Queensland Health, Queensland Government
Herston Biofabrication Institute is the first institute of its kind - advancing knowledge and technology in 3D scanning, 3D modelling and 3D printing of medical devices, bone, cartilage and human tissue. The Institute takes a multidisciplinary approach, bringing together clinicians, academics, industry and consumers in its state of the art facility. The institue is transforming how healthcare is provided by developing innovative and automated treatments. The Herston Biofabrication Institute is supporting research within Metro North Hospital and Health Service through a range of biofabrication-focused clinical programs. This research includes orthopaedics, burns, skins and wounds, urology, and cancer care.
Key science sectors
Strengths and capabilities
- Advanced manufacturing of medical devices
- Use of Virtual Reality in treatment
- Use of technology in Neurosurgery and craniofacial reconstruction
- Use of technology in Maxillofacial and oro-dental reconstruction
- Advanced anatomical modelling and manufacturing Anaesthesia and Intensive Care
- 3D printing of patient-specific anatomical model and meshes for tissue repair
Facilities and major equipment
- Medical 3D scanning
- 3D modelling
- 3D printing of medical devices, bone, cartilage and human tissue.
Number of research staff
20-100 research staff
Block 7 Royal Brisbane and Women's Hospital HERSTON QLD 4029
- Queensland Government - Agency
Is this your centre? See any issues? Send a request to update your listing.
Register your centre
Register your centre to be listed in this directory.