Institute for Evidence-Based Healthcare (CREBP)
The Centre works to improve health care by developing better communication between clinicians and researchers, and a clearer understanding of the causes of, and solutions to, gaps between research evidence and its application in practice. Current research projects focus on four big neglected problems in health care: antibiotic resistance; overdiagnosis; non-drug treatments; and waste in research. This research is supported by our work on the development of methods, tools, and capacity. The key areas of focus include: the applicability of treatments to individuals, the effectiveness of diagnostic and disease monitoring processes, and the cognitive processes underpinning clinicians’ decisions about diagnosis and treatment.
Key science sectors
Strengths and capabilities
- Evidence based practice
- Antibiotic resistance
- Non drug treatment
- Waste in research
Number of research staff
Upto 20 research staff
Bond University, 14 University Drive - Health Science and Medicine - Building 5, Gold Coast, 4229
- Professor Paul Glasziou—Identifying and removing the barriers to using high quality research in everyday clinical practice
- Professor Chris Del Mar—Internationally esteemed researcher, expert in respiratory viruses; only Australian who helped develop the World Health Organisation's swine flu (H1N1) guidelines
- Professor Tammy Hoffmann—co-Director of the Australasian EQUATOR centre; author of 'Evidence-Based Practice across the Health Professions'; awarded over $14 million in research funding, and has over 200 journal publications, with a H-index of 40
- University Research Centre
- Australian Research Centre of Excellence – Headquarters
- Australian Research Centre of Excellence – Partner Organisation
Is this your centre? See any issues? Send a request to update your listing.
Register your centre
Register your centre to be listed in this directory.