The Queensland Government is now in caretaker mode until after the state election. Minimal updates will be made to this site until after the election results are declared.
Institute for Learning Sciences and Teacher Education (ILSTE)
Australian Catholic University
Our research builds evidence-based knowledge and identifies solutions that improve learning and quality of life for all people, especially those experiencing inequity, disadvantage, on the margins and at risk. A national research institute hosting a team of eminent researchers and international scholars undertaking funded research studies with a range of government and industry partners. We prioritise connecting our research with policy and practice. We achieve this by providing a forum for researchers, scholars, policy-makers and practitioners to collaborate and share evidence-based knowledge to enhance quality teaching and learning.
Key science sectors
Strengths and capabilities
- Science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) in education
- Assessment, evaluation and student learning
- Learning, learning diversity and reforming classroom practices
- Role of play-based learning in building young children’s knowledge
- Teacher education, quality and professional practice
- Educational semiotics in English and literacy pedagogy
- The cognitive foundations of early educational skills
Number of research staff
Upto 20 research staff
Cathedral House, Level 4, 229 Elizabeth Street, Brisbane QLD 4000
- University Research Centre
Is this your centre? See any issues? Send a request to update your listing.
Register your centre
Register your centre to be listed in this directory.