Institute for Learning Sciences and Teacher Education (ILSTE)
Australian Catholic University
Our research builds evidence-based knowledge and identifies solutions that improve learning and quality of life for all people, especially those experiencing inequity, disadvantage, on the margins and at risk. A national research institute hosting a team of eminent researchers and international scholars undertaking funded research studies with a range of government and industry partners. We prioritise connecting our research with policy and practice. We achieve this by providing a forum for researchers, scholars, policy-makers and practitioners to collaborate and share evidence-based knowledge to enhance quality teaching and learning.
Key science sectors
Strengths and capabilities
- Science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) in education
- Assessment, evaluation and student learning
- Learning, learning diversity and reforming classroom practices
- Role of play-based learning in building young children’s knowledge
- Teacher education, quality and professional practice
- Educational semiotics in English and literacy pedagogy
- The cognitive foundations of early educational skills
Number of research staff
Upto 20 research staff
Cathedral House, Level 4, 229 Elizabeth Street, Brisbane QLD 4000
- University Research Centre
Is this your centre? See any issues? Send a request to update your listing.
Register your centre
Register your centre to be listed in this directory.