International WaterCentre (IWC)
The International WaterCentre (IWC) is dedicated to promoting an integrated, whole-of-water cycle approach and developing capacity in integrated water management around the world. Founded by four leading universities, with over 170 international networks and associates, the IWC provides a breadth of experience rarely found in a single organisation. By bringing together the best academics and practitioners from a range of disciplines we can offer specialised project services as well as customised education and training programs. IWC has conducted projects worldwide in areas such as water, sanitation and hygiene, healthy river basins and sustainable urban communities.
- Organisation type
- Joint venture of two universities (The University of Queensland, Griffith University)
- Number of research staff
Up to 20 research staff
Level 16, 333 Ann St, Brisbane QLD 4000
Strengths and capabilities
- Integrated water management
- Water leadership
- Water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH)
- Sustainable urban communities
- Healthy rivers and catchments
- Water governance and reform
- Applied, collaborative research projects
Achievements of the centre
- Water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) research contributed to the Millennium Development Goals relating to water related diseases.
Key science sectors
More information about the sectors this centre is involved in:
Is this your centre? See any issues? Send a request to update your listing.
Register your centre
Register your centre to be listed in this directory.