International WaterCentre (IWC)
The International WaterCentre (IWC) is dedicated to promoting an integrated, whole-of-water cycle approach and developing capacity in integrated water management around the world. Founded by four leading universities, with over 170 international networks and associates, the IWC provides a breadth of experience rarely found in a single organisation. By bringing together the best academics and practitioners from a range of disciplines we can offer specialised project services as well as customised education and training programs. IWC has conducted projects worldwide in areas such as water, sanitation and hygiene, healthy river basins and sustainable urban communities.
Key science sectors
Strengths and capabilities
- Integrated water management
- Water leadership
- Water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH)
- Sustainable urban communities
- Healthy rivers and catchments
- Water governance and reform
- Applied, collaborative research projects
Number of research staff
Upto 20 research staff
Level 16, 333 Ann St QLD, Brisbane, 4000
Achievements of the centre
- Water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) research contributed to the Millennium Development Goals relating to water related diseases.
- Joint venture of two universities (The University of Queensland, Griffith University)
Is this your centre? See any issues? Send a request to update your listing.
Register your centre
Register your centre to be listed in this directory.