Jamieson Trauma Institute (JTI)
Metro North Hospital and Health Service, Queensland Health
The Jamieson Trauma Institute is re-conceptualising how trauma services are delivered. JTI advances trauma care across Queensland and Australia through a collaboration of service and research partners and the integration of trauma services. While contributing to national and international evidence, the institute plays a key role in identification and implementation of solutions to the unique challenges in trauma care facing Queensland. The Jamieson Trauma Institute (JTI) is named after one of the country’s most renowned and respected medical minds, Dr Kenneth Grant Jamieson.
Key science sectors
- Advanced manufacturing
- Health and medical
- ICT and multimedia
- Life sciences
- Social sciences
Strengths and capabilities
- trauma data analytics
- injury prevention
- trauma diagnostics
- trauma care innovation
- virtual reality & augmented reality in trauma care
- trauma rehabilitation
- trauma outcome measurement
Number of research staff
20-100 research staff
Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital, Bowen Bridge Road, Herston, 4029
- Professor Michael Schuetz—Leading researcher in trauma care and orthopaedic trauma research
- Professor Kirsten Vallmuur—International profile in injury surveillance, trauma data linkage, and injury classifications.
- A/Professor Cate Cameron—Clinical research, epidemiology, data linkage, quantitative research, and research design.
- Queensland Government – Agency
Is this your centre? See any issues? Send a request to update your listing.
Register your centre
Register your centre to be listed in this directory.