The Queensland Government is now in caretaker mode until after the state election. Minimal updates will be made to this site until after the election results are declared.
Mareeba Research Facility
Agri-Science Queensland, Department of Agriculture and Fisheries
Located on the Atherton Tablelands, Mareeba Research Facility offers research, development and extension services to Far North Queensland’s agriculture industries. The facility has staff working in horticulture, beef, pastures, broad acre cropping and strategic industry development, with researchers in agronomy, soil science, plant breeding, entomology, plant pathology and molecular biology. A dedicated biosecurity team supports animal and plant industries to meet their biosecurity obligations.
Key science sectors
Strengths and capabilities
- Breeding and evaluation of mango germplasm
- Evaluation of mango high productivity production systems
- Improved productivity and sustainability of tree crop management systems
- Integrated pest and disease management systems
- Improved productivity and sustainability vegetable and cropping management systems
- Pasture grass and legume seed production
- Beef production and pasture management
- Molecular laboratory
- Regional agriculture industry development and support
- Biosecurity regulation and response and pest and disease diagnostic services
Facilities and major equipment
- PC2 Laboratory and associated PC2 Glasshouse
- Microbiology laboratory
- Pest and disease diagnostic services
- Biosecurity services
- Onsite administration buiding with conference room
- Research laboratories, glasshouses and cold rooms
- Biosecurity vehicle wash down facility
Number of research staff
20-100 research staff
28 Peters Street, PO Box 1054, Mareeba QLD 4880
- Queensland Government – Partner
Is this your centre? See any issues? Send a request to update your listing.
Register your centre
Register your centre to be listed in this directory.