Sugar Research Institute (SRI)
SRI Operations Trust
Sugar Research Institute (SRI) offers global expertise in sugar milling and refining technology. We draw upon more than 65 years of sugar-specific experience to solve the technical and operational issues of cane sugar processing. SRI’s understanding of the science of sugar processing helps sugar mills and refineries worldwide to maximise sugar recovery, and to deliver best practice in process efficiency and plant design. Our focus is to offer our clients and owners a competitive advantage based on technical and operational excellence. Established in 1949, SRI operates on a “not-for-profit” basis and is owned and supported by Australia’s sugar milling industry.
- Organisation type
- Number of research staff
Up to 20 research staff
USC Innovation Centre, 90 Sippy Downs Drive, Sippy Downs QLD 4556
Strengths and capabilities
- Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) modelling
- Equipment designs to solve real operational issues
- Instrumentation, automation and software products
- High quality specialist industry training services
- Consulting, advisory and analytical services
Facilities and major equipment
- Design for process equipment and systems
- Process control instrumentation.
Achievements of the centre
- Our sugar technology expertise increases the operational efficiency of mills and refineries worldwide.
Key science sectors
More information about the sectors this centre is involved in:
Is this your centre? See any issues? Send a request to update your listing.
Register your centre
Register your centre to be listed in this directory.