The Queensland Government is now in caretaker mode until after the state election. Minimal updates will be made to this site until after the election results are declared.
Sunshine Coast Health Institute (SCHI)
Sunshine Coast Hospital and Health Service | University of the Sunshine Coast | TAFE Queensland | Griffih University
The SCHI is an integrated, collaborative and comprehensive education, skills training and research facility for health professionals. The institute is a collaborative partnership between the Sunshine Coast Hospital and Health Service, the University of the Sunshine Coast, TAFE Queensland and Griffith. Their research addresses: Infectious Diseases and Antimicrobial Resistance; Healthy Ageing; Maternal and Child Health; and Optimising Health Service Delivery and Management.
Key science sectors
Strengths and capabilities
- Infectious Diseases and Antimicrobial Resistance
- Healthy Ageing
- Maternal and Child Health
- Optimising Health Service Delivery and Management.
Facilities and major equipment
- High fidelity clinical simulation suites of the hospital clinical environment
- E-learning laboratories
- Clinical research laboratory with PC2 containment
- Human body visualisation laboratories featuring a virtual dissection table
Number of research staff
20-100 research staff
6 Doherty St, Birtinya, 4285
- Research Hospital
- University Research Centre
- Queensland Government – Partner
Is this your centre? See any issues? Send a request to update your listing.
Register your centre
Register your centre to be listed in this directory.