Tropical Australian Academic Health Centre (TAAHC)
Tropical Australian Academic Health Centre
TAAHC is leader of excellence in tropical regional health research, innovation, evaluation and research translation. Through its emphasis on translation research, TAAHC embeds research into health service delivery to improve quality and efficiency of care. TAAHC research teams use advanced medical, information and communication technology to design and implement agile, sustainable and culturally appropriate service models to regional, rural, remote and linguistically diverse communities. The Tropical Australian Academic Health Centre is a collaboration between the five Hospital and Health Services in northern Queensland, the Northern Queensland Primary Health Network, James Cook University and the Australian Institute of Tropical Health and Medicine.
Key science sectors
Strengths and capabilities
- First nations - Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health
- Emergency medicine and disaster response
- Healthy ageing
- Infectious disease modelling
- Malaria and tuberculosis vaccine development
- Renal genetics research
- Peripheral vascular disease research
- Rural generalist training
- Surveillance and control of mosquito disease vectors
- Technology-enabled health care
Number of research staff
Up to 20 research staff
Building 39, Room 245, James Cook University, 1 James Cook Drive, Townsville QLD 4811
Is this your centre? See any issues? Send a request to update your listing.
Register your centre
Register your centre to be listed in this directory.