Please complete this 2-minute survey to help us improve our products and services:
Tropical Weeds Research Centre
Department of Agriculture and Fisheries
The Biosecurity Queensland undertakes a number of its research programs on integrated weed management including biological control of rangeland and dry tropics weeds and landscape protection and restoration including weed eradication and management of environmental and water weeds at the Tropical Weeds Research Centre.
Key science sectors
Strengths and capabilities
- Development of effective control strategies and methods
- Biology of pest species and assessment of pest impact
- Assessment new biological agents for control of invasive plant species
- Ecologicalstudies to determine control timing and develop control methods
- Techniques to monitor eradication progress
- Trials to identify effective herbicides, application rates and techniques
Number of research staff
Upto 20 research staff
27-43 Natal Downs Road, Charters Towers QLD 4820
- Queensland Government - Agency
Is this your centre? See any issues? Send a request to update your listing.
Register your centre
Register your centre to be listed in this directory.