WH Bryan Mining and Geology Research Centre (SMI-BRC)
Sustainable Minerals Institute, The University of Queensland
SMI-BRC has a reputation for practical research, innovation and leadership in deep mine development and operation. The SMI-BRC, with a diverse range of mining and ‘geo’ expertise, is focused on developing new and improved methods for ore extraction and delivering industrial research solutions for active and future mines by advancing total deposit knowledge (ore and waste).
Key science sectors
Strengths and capabilities
- Improving discovery of major metalliferous deposits
- Innovation in deeper mining environments
- Optimisation of capital investment in mine development
- Sustainable reduction in operating costs
- Data analytics/modelling, managing variability and uncertainty
Number of research staff
Up to 20 research staff
Sir James Foots Building, Cnr College & Staff House Rds, St Lucia, 4067
Achievements of the centre
- Mass underground mining project
- University Research Centre
Is this your centre? See any issues? Send a request to update your listing.
Register your centre
Register your centre to be listed in this directory.