Please complete this 2-minute survey to help us improve our products and services:
Aus-China Centre for Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine (ACCTERM)
Institute of Health and Biomedical Innovation, Queensland University of Technology
Established in June 2013, ACCTERM is a multi-institutional and multidisciplinary research centre focused on developing novel products for tissue repair and regeneration. The Centre brings together a cooperative network of prestigious research institutes and universities both in Australia and China. ACCTERM draws together new and longstanding research collaborations in tissue engineering and regenerative medicine, and aids in creating a highly visible hub for research collaboration in biomaterials, stem cell application, dentistry, and orthopaedics. The Centre supports collaborative research projects, cooperative PhD training, and staff and student mobility.
Key science sectors
Strengths and capabilities
- Tissue engineering
- Regenerative medicine
- 3D Printing
- Stem Cells
- Cartilage repair and regeneration
- Mineralised tissue regeneration (bone and teeth)
- Animal models
- Musculoskeletal biomechanics
- Musculoskeletal disorders and fracture healing
Facilities and major equipment
- Central Analytical Research Facility
- Medical Research Engineering Facility
- ARC Training Centre in Additive Biomanufacturing for 3D printing
- Physical Containment Class 2 (PC2) Laboratory
- Stem Cell Laboratory
- Histology Laboratory
- Gene and Protein Arrays (Proteomics)
- Metabolic Laboratory
- Biomechanics Laboratory
Number of research staff
20-100 research staff
Queensland University of Technology, 60 Musk Avenue,, Kelvin Grove, 4059
- Professor Yin Xiao—An expert in the field of bone and tissue engineering, Professor Xiao has obtained 45 research grants from various funding bodies.
- Professor Dietmar Hutmacher—Professor Hutmacher is a leading scientist in regenerative medicine who has received over $US6.5M in research funding since 1991.
- University Research Centre
- Research Hospital
- Cooperative Research Centre - Headquarters
Is this your centre? See any issues? Send a request to update your listing.
Register your centre
Register your centre to be listed in this directory.