Centre for Integrated Preclinical Drug Development (CIPDD)
University of Queensland
CIPDD is a unique GLP-accredited biomedical discovery-translation and new drug/biologic development centre that is a major strategic asset of UQ, Queensland and Australia. We promote our world-class R&D capabilities to industry via the brand name, TetraQ. CIPDD personnel are proud to work in close collaboration with industry and academic groups in Australia and internationally assisting them to progress their intellectual property through the steps needed for commercialization into therapeutic products for improving human health. Since commencing operations in May 2005, CIPDD personnel have conducted 660+ TetraQ-branded R&D studies in collaboration with ~220 industry and academic entities. In addition, we have an outstanding track record in collaboration with industry and academic groups on competitive grant-funded research projects.
Key science sectors
Strengths and capabilities
- 15 unique rodent pain modelS
- Development of bioanalytical methods
- Quantification of drug and metabolite concentrations
- Pharmacology assessment
- Assessment of plasma protein binding of novel compounds
- Toxicology assessment
- Novel compound efficacy assessment
- Metabolic stability assessment of novel compounds
- Pain and analgesic efficacy profiling
Facilities and major equipment
- AB Sciex mass spectrometer
- Spark Holland robotic solid phase sample processing systems
- Gas Chromatography Mass Spectrometer
- Gas chromatograph with flame ionisation detector
- UV and fluorescence detectors
- ProvantisTM for the GLP data management
- GLP biochemistry/haematology equipment
- Environmentally controlled laboratory animal facilities
Number of research staff
20-100 research staff
Level 3, Steele Building, Staffhouse Rd, St Lucia, 4072
- Professor Maree Smith—Leading researcher internationally in the pain field with three of her patented analgesics technologies licensed for commercialisation.
Achievements of the centre
- Portfolio of 15 rodent pain models that mimic individual human pain conditions that are unique in Australia and rare internationally
- Internationally recognised quality credentials: ISO17025 and OECD GLP recognition by National Association of Testing Authorities
- Technology discovered by CIPDD is being developed by Spinifex Pharmaceuticals (recently acquired by Novartis international).
- University Research Centre
Is this your centre? See any issues? Send a request to update your listing.
Register your centre
Register your centre to be listed in this directory.