Centre of Excellence for Engineered Quantum Systems (EQUS)
ARC Centre of Excellence for Engineered Quantum Systems
EQUS conducts world-leading research to exploit the potential of quantum science and develop a range of transformational technologies that will benefit society. The cenrte builds sophisticated quantum machines to harness the quantum world for practical applications, designing quantum materials, quantum engines, and quantum imaging systems at the heart of these machines. The centre aims to solve the most challenging research problems at the interface of basic quantum physics and engineering, and work with partners in industry to translate these research discoveries into practical applications and devices.
Key science sectors
Facilities and major equipment
- Bose-Einstein Condensate Laboratory
- Queensland Quantum Optics Laboratory
- Superconducting Quantum Devices Laboratory
Number of research staff
20-100 research staff
Parnell Building (Bldg 7), University of Queensland, St Lucia, 4067
- Professor Andrew White—Established first quantum technology laboratory in the world and advances in quantum-logic gates, simulation, and metrology
- Australian Research Centre of Excellence – Headquarters
Is this your centre? See any issues? Send a request to update your listing.
Register your centre
Register your centre to be listed in this directory.