Please complete this 2-minute survey to help us improve our products and services:
Environmental Futures Research Institute
The Institute combines science, innovation and local Australian experience to expand knowledge through fundamental research, developing solutions that will facilitate clean, resilient and sustainable futures for Australian and global environments. Bringing together committed and outstanding researchers, the Institute continues to lead research that addresses some of the most pressing contemporary environmental issues, The Institute also encompasses the Centre for Clean Environment and Energy and the Research Centre for Human Evolution.
Key science sectors
Strengths and capabilities
- Resilient biodiversity and ecosystems
- Biogeochemistry and sustainable landscapes
- Human evolution
- Clean energy and environment
- Sustainable food production systems
Number of research staff
100-200 research staff
Room 3.18, Science 1 Building (G24), Griffith University Gold Coast campus, 4222
- Professor Zhihong Xu—Research expertise in biogeochemical cycles of carbon and nutrients, and soil and environmental chemistry
- Professor Darryl Jones—Research expertise in urban ecology and wildlife management, urbanisation and how species adapt
- University Research Centre
Is this your centre? See any issues? Send a request to update your listing.
Register your centre
Register your centre to be listed in this directory.