Please complete this 2-minute survey to help us improve our products and services:
Griffith Centre for Creative Arts Research (GCCAR)
The Centre explores new creative modes, images and forms for understanding contemporary experience through the expanding field of practice-based research in the creative arts. The Centre encompasses fields such as visual arts, design, film, animation, games design and creative writing, and complements Griffith’s Queensland Conservatorium Research Centre (QCRC), which focuses on music. An important role of GCCAR is to facilitate, encourage and co-ordinate multi-disciplinary interaction between the various creative disciplines, with other disciplines, institutes and centres within Griffith University, and more widely.
Key science sectors
Strengths and capabilities
- Art in public places
- Art in the Asia-Pacific region
- Additive manufacture and contemporary design
- Documentary and film photography
- Games, animation and new technology
- Studio research approach and methods
- Artist books
Number of research staff
20-100 research staff
Level 7, Webb Centre, Queensland College of Art, Griffith University, 226 Grey Street, South Bank, 4101
Achievements of the centre
- Drawing International Griffith - a research initiative leading drawing research in the 21st century
- Hosted abbe 2015 Artist Books Conference
- Hosted Additive Manufacturing and 3D Printing conference 2014, featuring Terry Wohlers and Stelarc
- University Research Centre
Is this your centre? See any issues? Send a request to update your listing.
Register your centre
Register your centre to be listed in this directory.