Griffith Institute for Educational Research (GIER)
The Institute aims to be an internationally recognised leader in research across education, literacy, learning, public policy and related areas. Home to more than 330 researchers and research students, GIER has one of the largest concentrations of university-based education researchers in the country. The Institute’s research interests and areas of expertise span education systems, curriculum and pedagogy, as well as specialist areas in education. The Institute also conducts research in Indigenous contexts, in leadership, literacy and numeracy, language and early childhood. GIER’s research groups include: applied theatre and drama; autism and inclusive education; literacy, learning and new media; education and social justice; innovation in teaching; leadership and public policy; and professional practice.
Key science sectors
Strengths and capabilities
- Special needs education
- Expertise in literacy, learning and new media
- Educational praxis, practice theory and action research
- Sociology of education
- Aboriginal education research
- Professional and vocational learning
Number of research staff
Upto 20 research staff
Social Sciences Building (M10), Level 5, Room 2.11, Griffith University, Messines Ridge Road, Mt Gravatt campus, 4122
- Professor Greer Johnson—Has worked with state and federal governments to improve child literacy outcomes. Expertise in leadership for learning
- University Research Centre
Is this your centre? See any issues? Send a request to update your listing.
Register your centre
Register your centre to be listed in this directory.