Medical Engineering Research Facility (MERF)
IHBI, Queensland University of Technology
MERF is the first facility to support the full cycle of basic biomaterial and medical device research from pre-clinical studies to training. MERF is designed to meet Australia's emerging needs in orthopaedic and artificial organ research, and provides a comprehensive suite of research and training facilities at the one location. MERF’s clients include all of the major multinational orthopaedic, surgical and medical device companies.
Key science sectors
Strengths and capabilities
- Pre-clinical testing -Surgical Training
- Mechanical Testing
Facilities and major equipment
- Physical Containment Class 2 (PC2) Small Animal Holding
- Physical Containment Class 2 (PC2) laboratory
- Mechanical Testing Laboratory
- Surgical Training Laboratory
- Biological Research Facility
- Large Animals
- Medical Imaging Facilities
Number of research staff
Upto 20 research staff
Staib Rd, Chermside, Brisbane, 4032
- University Research Centre
Is this your centre? See any issues? Send a request to update your listing.
Register your centre
Register your centre to be listed in this directory.