The Queensland Government is now in caretaker mode until after the state election. Minimal updates will be made to this site until after the election results are declared.
Queensland Alliance for Environmental Health Sciences (QAEHS)
The University of Queensland
QAEHS is multidisciplinary research centre with expertise in environmental health toxicology, microbiology and epidemiology. Our research includes: environmental aspects of toxicology, human health epidemiology, microbiology, health risk assessment, health risk communication, identification and analysis of emerging environmental health risks, and state-of-the art monitoring and analytical techniques, methodologies and technologies for environmental hazards and exposures.
Key science sectors
Strengths and capabilities
- catchment and drinking water micro pollutants
- potential human health risks and impacts from CSG
- measurement and monitoring of drug metabolites in wastewater
- monitor and assess pesticides/herbicides concentrations in inshore water quality
- fate and persistence of fluoro
- -surfactants and hydrocarbons
- -detection of Legionella pneumophila
- detection of antibiotic resistance genes
- understanding bacterial-nanoparticle interactions
- understanding of the epidemiology of cryptosporidiosis
Number of research staff
Upto 20 research staff
20 Cornwall Street Woolloongabba QLD 4102
- University Research Centre
- Queensland Government – Partner
Is this your centre? See any issues? Send a request to update your listing.
Register your centre
Register your centre to be listed in this directory.