Please complete this 2-minute survey to help us improve our products and services:
Queensland Alliance for Environmental Health Sciences (QAEHS)
The University of Queensland
QAEHS is multidisciplinary research centre with expertise in environmental health toxicology, microbiology and epidemiology. Our research includes: environmental aspects of toxicology, human health epidemiology, microbiology, health risk assessment, health risk communication, identification and analysis of emerging environmental health risks, and state-of-the art monitoring and analytical techniques, methodologies and technologies for environmental hazards and exposures.
Key science sectors
Strengths and capabilities
- catchment and drinking water micro pollutants
- potential human health risks and impacts from CSG
- measurement and monitoring of drug metabolites in wastewater
- monitor and assess pesticides/herbicides concentrations in inshore water quality
- fate and persistence of fluoro-surfactants and hydrocarbons
- electro-immuno-detection of Legionella pneumophila
- detection of antibiotic resistance genes
- understanding bacterial-nanoparticle interactions
- understanding of the epidemiology of cryptosporidiosis
Number of research staff
Upto 20 research staff
20 Cornwall Street Woolloongabba QLD 4102
- University Research Centre
- Queensland Government – Partner
Is this your centre? See any issues? Send a request to update your listing.
Register your centre
Register your centre to be listed in this directory.