Research Computing Centre (RCC)
The University of Queensland
RCC provides coordinated management and support of The University of Queensland's sustained and substantial investment in eResearch. RCC helps researchers across disciplines make the most of UQ’s eResearch technologies.
Key science sectors
- Advanced manufacturing
- Defence, aviation and space
- Environment and nature
- Food and agriculture
- Health and medical
- ICT and multimedia
- Life sciences
- Social sciences
Strengths and capabilities
- High Performance Computing
- Cloud Computing
- Scientific Workflows
- Data Management
- Data Visualisation Expertise
Facilities and major equipment
- 20 MPixel tiled display wall and videoconferencing tools
- Science data-intensive high performance computer (FlashLite)
- Parallel high performance computer (Tinaroo)
- Cloud-based virtual cluster (Euramoo)
- Nimrod parameter sweep software
- Kepler scientific workflow system
- Galaxy workflow system
- Genomics Virtual Lab
- Data visualisation
Number of research staff
Upto 20 research staff
Level 5, Axon Building (47), The University of Queensland, St Lucia, Brisbane, 4072
- Professor David Abramson—Prof. Abramson has produced over 200 research publications and some of his work has been used in commercial products such as Nimrod.
Achievements of the centre
- The creation and commercialisation of Nimrod, a scientific workflow tool. It is sold as EnFuzion by Axceleon.
- The creation and commercialisation of parallel debugging tool ccdb, which is sold and marketed by Cray Inc.
- University Research Centre
Is this your centre? See any issues? Send a request to update your listing.
Register your centre
Register your centre to be listed in this directory.