Please complete this 2-minute survey to help us improve our products and services:
Sugar Research Australia Limited (SRA)
SRA invests in and manages research and development projects that drive productivity, profitability and sustainability for the sugarcane industry. As the declared Industry Services Body for the Australian sugarcane industry under the Sugar Research and Development Services Act 2013 (Cth), SRA is responsible for the direct provision of research, development and adoption activities as well as the ongoing management and investment of funds received from industry levy payers and government, for the benefit of the sugarcane industry and for the wider public good. SRA operates research farms, laboratories, and offices across the Australian sugarcane industry for all growers and millers. SRA has approximately 150 staff that operate across the business in a range of roles that support and drive research, development, and adoption for the Australian sugarcane industry. SRA locations are: Condong; Broadwater; Indooroopilly; Woodford; Bundaberg; Brandon; Ingham; Tully; and Meringa.
Key science sectors
Strengths and capabilities
- Optimally adapted sugarcane varieties, plant breeding and release
- Soil health and nutrient management
- Pest, disease and weed management
- Farming systems and production management
- Milling efficiency and technology
- Sugarcane product diversification and value addition
- Knowledge and technology transfer and adoption
- Capability development, attraction and retention
Number of research staff
100-200 research staff
50 Meiers Road, Indooroopilly, 4068
- Industry Owned Corporation
Is this your centre? See any issues? Send a request to update your listing.
Register your centre
Register your centre to be listed in this directory.