Please complete this 2-minute survey to help us improve our products and services:
Sustainability Research Centre (SRC)
University of the Sunshine Coast
The Sustainability Research Centre's research focuses on societal responses to emergent local and global change forces in sustainability. We contribute knowledge to a range of sustainability issues such as coastal management, climate change, and water management (recognised as significant at local through to international scales). We adopt a transdisciplinary, collaborative approach broadly aligned with human geography, embracing the disciplines of social, behavioural, economic and management sciences.
Key science sectors
Strengths and capabilities
- Adaptive capacity
- Social learning
- Capacity building
- International development
- Institutional policy analysis
- Indigenous knowledge
- Adaptive management
- Social capital
Number of research staff
20-100 research staff
90 Sippy Downs Drive, Innovation Centre, IC1.49, Sippy Downs, 4557
- Professor Tim Smith—Leader in sustainability, coastal management and climate change adaptation research. Awarded a 2009 Australian Museum Eureka Prize
- Professor Patrick Nunn—Leading researcher on climate, sea-level change and human–environment interactions. Lead Author on the IPCC Report (AR5, 2014)
Achievements of the centre
- Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA) assessment of "5 - well above world standard" for environmental science and management.
- University Research Centre
Is this your centre? See any issues? Send a request to update your listing.
Register your centre
Register your centre to be listed in this directory.