Digital Media Research Centre (DRMC)
Queensland University of Technology
The QUT Digital Media Research Centre (DMRC) conducts world-leading research for a creative, inclusive and fair digital media environment. Led by Professor Jean Burgess, it is one of Australia’s top organisations for media and communication research, areas in which QUT has achieved the highest possible rankings in ERA, the national research quality assessment exercise. Our research programs address the challenges of creativity and innovation, inclusion and diversity, and trust and fairness in the constantly changing digital media landscape. The DMRC has access to cutting-edge research infrastructure and capabilities in computational methods for the study of communication and society. We actively engage with industry and academic partners in Australia, Europe, Asia, the US, and South America; and we are especially proud of the dynamic and supportive research training environment we provide to our many local and international graduate students.
- Organisation type
- University Research Centre
- Australian Research Centre of Excellence – Partner Organisation
- Cooperative Research Centre – Partner Organisation
- Number of research staff
- 20-100 research staff
- Level 5, Building Z1, Musk Avenue, Kelvin Grove QLD 4059
Strengths and capabilities
- Transforming Media Industries
- Digital publics
- Computational communication and culture
- Digital social contract
- Digital inclusion and participation
- Professor Jean Burgess—Co-author or editor of over 120 publications. Co-Editor of the International Journal of Cultural Studies.
- Distinguished Professor Stuart Cunningham—Internationally recognised for his contributions to media, communication and cultural studies relating to industry and government policy.
Achievements of the centre
Key science sectors
More information about the sectors this centre is involved in:
Is this your centre? See any issues? Send a request to update your listing.